As part of the universal church of Jesus Christ, we, the people of Zion Lutheran Church, have been called by the Holy Spirit into community to form, nurture, strengthen, and sustain Christian faith.
As we worship, learn, serve, and discern God’s word together, we are "growing in faith to reach out in love." We commit our energy, resources, and spiritual gifts to our mission of serving others in Jesus’ name.
Zion Lutheran Church is the oldest continuously worshipping Lutheran congregation in Davenport. We trace our roots to pre-Civil War missionary efforts in the area, founded in 1862, as the First German Evangelical Lutheran Zion’s Church. The congregation worshipped in a church building on 8th and Gaines Street until 1951. Zion is currently located at the corner of 8th and Marquette Streets.