This year’s Kirangare travelers depart very soon!
During the trip—September 11 through 22, 2023, we will:
- visit Marindi preaching point, where the donkeys Zion sent live
- visit with Kirangare women
- see the projects Zion invested in—the vocational training center and the Zion Day Care expansion
- visit with Bishop Mjema of the Pare Diocese of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
- go on safari in Tarangire National Park
- visit the family of Simon Simon in Mbulu, west of Arusha, including daughter Joy, who Pastor Clark had the honor of naming
Pray for the people of Kirangare and for Pastor Simon Fue and his family. Pray for our safe travels. Pray for those who will host us in their homes—Pastor Simon Fue, Pastor Godwin Kivatiro and Upendo, Jasper John, Simon Furahini, Elisante Mrombo.
Pray all of us are lovingly open to give and receive what the Spirit intends, most especially to the great gift of this renewal of relationship in Christ.
While in Kirangare, we will share bible study together on First Corinthians chapter 12, especially verses 12 and 13: "For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. For in the one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and we were all made to drink of one Spirit."
Keep these words close to your heart!
And keep in touch! While we travel, we’ll post photos and other updates at ziondavenport.org/tz23. Even now you can go there to see maps of where we will be.